Soph x Revolution Eyeshadow Palette

4/15/2018

From Neutral to Bold, One palette for all.

I already shared my unconditional love for Soph and for her highlighter palette. And now here I am to share my opinion on her eyeshadow palette. Which is a very venturous thing for me, since I tend to stick with 12-eyeshadow type of palettes. I guess there's something specially about this one, right?



Let me tell you, I never tried any Makeup Revolution (Now just Revolution) eyeshadow palette before getting my hands on this one. Which means that I won't be able to compare it to other palettes of the brand - although I really want to one of their newer palettes.  But I have to say that I am not disappointed at all. 
First of all, I love how the colours are arranged. Usually I tend to run from bigger palettes because they look too much and I get overwhelmed (sounds stupid I know). But When I look at Soph's palette I see it organised as groups of quads. It's like we had 6 quads put together inside this palette. I obviously use it regardless of that arrangement, but I have no clue of what to do it is like a small (and yet) big help. Or even for people that are starting to play with make up and aren't really sure of what to do. The palette mainly consists of warm neutral shades, and yet, there are a few colourful shades that bring life to it.

About the Shades

(From left to right: Penguin; Pancakes; Fairy Lights; Pink Champagne; Iced Coffee; Cuppa Tea)

( From Left to right: Grow Old; Sparks Fly; Smokey Bronze; Mixed Berries; Tiramisu; Peaches)

(From left to right: Cloudberry; Pumpkin; Pine Tree; Petrol; Pug; Danger)

(From left to right; Strawberry Sweets; Festive Flame; Copper Blush; Mug Cake; Rosewood; Nightmare) 

I really love the Green and the Purple shade ( namely Pine Tree and Mixed Berries), since they can turn a look super fun and edgy. Another favourites of mine are Grow Old ( the gorgeous gold shade), Pumpkin (bright orange matte shade) and Copper Coin (the gorgeous copper shimmer shade). As for the formula itself, the Shimmer shades are super buttery and easy to apply. As for the Mattes, they are soft and easy to blend in - I am particular picky with matte shades, since I do not like them chalky and hard to blend in.
The only downfall of this palette is the fact that the palette itself doesn't have the shade names, which is a bit of a bummer. I have been keeping the sheet that contains the name of the shades, but I am not sure how long I will be doing it since I don't really keep that type of sheet. Although I understand that by not having the names of the shades they were able to have a bigger shade selection.

Overall, I am really happy with this palette and I am dying to try out other products from the brand - specially  their new concealers and stick foundations!! Oh and some of their lipsticks and lip kits also look really tempting.



And you, have you tried anything from the brand?


Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.